NORTHFIELD GLOBAL LTD, Via Prè d’La 1, 6814 Lamone, Lugano, Switzerland Canton of Ticino, Switzerland (“NORTHFIELD GROUP”, “we” or “us”), are committed to ensuring and maintaining users’ privacy are respected and protected. If you have questions or concerns that we do not answer in this Policy, please Contact Us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.northfield-group.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We May Collect Information from You
We may collect a range of Personal data from you in a business context of KYC/AML, including but not limited to your name, gender, job title, photographic identification, email address, home address and other contact details, details of your business and other interests, communications with you (including notes from meetings) and financial and payment information.
For some processing activities, we consider that more than one lawful basis may be relevant depending on the circumstances. Use on the basis of “legal obligation” means to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. Use on the basis of our legitimate interests means where we have a fair, proportionate and overriding lawful business reason to use your details. This will primarily be where by using the information, we learn about you or develop our relationship, so we can work together more closely and better, or make sound business decisions involving or affecting you.
In respect the use of our website, we collect personal information from you primarily to provide you with efficient and customized service while using our services. This allows us to provide you with services and features that will most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service by making the user experience easier and faster.
We automatically track certain information about you based upon your use of the website. This information is used to do internal research on users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour. Collecting this information allows us to better understand and serve our users. This information may include the uniform resource locator (URL) that you just came from (irrespective of whether the location is on the website or not), which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We do not sell or otherwise share personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent except in the following instances:
- unless required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order;
- as deemed necessary, in Northfield’s discretion, to protect the legal rights or the property of Northfield, a member or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- in the event Northfield’s Website is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of Northfield or its affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
If you send us personal correspondence such as e-mails, letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the website or otherwise, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
When you visit our website, we may collect and process information you provide if you contact us or if you apply online for a job where you will be required to provide information about your education, employment, region of interest and role you are applying for. We may keep a record of that correspondence and your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out any monitoring activities, which may be required of us under applicable law as employer.
We May Store Your Personal Data
You acknowledge and understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal data once we have received it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in a number of ways, including to provide you with information and services that you request from us and to disclose your information, as set out below.
- To ensure that content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, including carrying out analytics in relation to the use of the Websites.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To communicate with you and third party contacts.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, which may include the disclosure of certain information and/or recordings of telephone conversations to regulatory authorities.
- For other business-related purposes, including negotiating contracts, managing accounts and records, supporting corporate social responsibility activities, legal, regulatory and internal investigations and debt administration.
We may supplement the information that you provide us with information received from third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of the Northfield Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Northfield Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
Access to Information
The privacy laws of some countries give individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.